Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Yes, I'm an Intern

Hello all,

Today I want to talk about me. (Lol)

My name is Marnise and I am currently interning remotely as a publicity intern for an online publishing company. This is my second remote internship. For all of you out there who live a ways away from major publishing hot spots like NYC, there are still ways to break in to the industry from the comfort of your own home.

Originally I was interested in interning at a literary agency and studying to become a Literary Agent. My first internship at a small online publisher actually ended up being heavily focused on publicity and public relations than editorial work. At the end of the 6 month internship my interest in publicity was peeked. With publicity in mind, I searched again for internships. I was lucky enough to find exactly what I was looking for. I have been interning since mid august and I love it. It is completely different from what I was expecting but at the same time, thrilling and each new assignment makes me love what I'm doing.

I have done everything from sending review copies to doing media research and outreach. I contact some of my favorite bloggers with information on books. (total fan-girl moments!) I am patiently awaiting my next assignments!


No comments:

Post a Comment